CHAMFEST is brought to you by a team of locals who, although we are from a diverse range of backgrounds, have decided to settle in Chamonix and make our homes here. Why?
The list could go on and on but, in short, we find there's something for everyone in Chamonix.
Adrenaline junkies get their fix in the extreme sports capital of the world. History buffs love immersing themselves in the story of the birth of alpinism, and taking the historic cog train to the Montenvers station which overlooks the Mer de Glace glacier.
Avid travellers delight in reaching the top of the highest cable car in Europe, the Aiguille du Midi. Families are welcomed into a local community with plenty to entertain kids.
Outdoor lovers explore the well-trodden trails which criss-cross the local peaks. Culture vultures practise the local lingo with the international community.
Everyone has their breath taken away by the stunning views - even locals who have been here for as long as we have!
Our 2018 edition of CHAMFEST will be taking place over the weekend 15th-17th June, as the summer season is taking off. Cable car lifts will already be open for visiting the valley and the temperatures will be rising ahead of the busiest months of July and August.
CHAMFEST will be joining a vibrant and eclectic summer social calendar in Chamonix.
From the musical moments of France's national Fête de la Musique and the existing Chamonix summer festival CosmoJazz, to the major sporting events such as Mont Blanc Marathon and Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc, we love the buzz that Chamonix has in the summer.
CHAMFEST offers a great addition to the calendar, catering directly for families and inviting locals and visitors alike to be involved in this celebration of all things Chamonix at this innovative Chamonix summer festival.
Festivals in Chamonix
Chamonix buzzes all year long with a fun calendar of festivals. Music is well represented with a range of summer and winter events:
- Chamonix Unlimited Festival in early April caters for lovers of electronic music
- Musilac Mont Blanc is a brand new addition to the calendar in April 2018, offering a pop-rock programme
- CosmoJazz brings jazz musicians from around the world to perform in some of Chamonix's most iconic locations each July
CHAMFEST is a new Chamonix summer festival, which will bring together music with comedy, food and drink, plus family entertainments for a unique experience in Chamonix.
Chamonix summer festival stage names
In honour of Chamonix's local history and the importance of the mountains and alpinism, we have named two of our festival areas after figures from the past.
- Our main stage, where the music programme will take place, is named in honour of Lionel Terray, speed climber and alpinist.
- Our culture tent is named after Edward Whymper, the English explorer and artist who conquered many of Chamonix's peaks.
- The wellness tent is also appropriately called the Namaste Tent.
Read more about Lionel Terray and Edward Whymper in the info about the naming of the festival areas on our Programme page.